Monday 9 June 2008

The end is nie as the next destination sets

Chris and Georgie spent months planning a party here for us and other
locals they knew. It was a great shindig on a beautiful island with a dance floor overlooking the Nile. I think what happens on Hair Lemon Island, stays on Hairy Lemon Island. And that is all I have to say on this matter.

The next day brought us to the end of our trip with a jaded head and a rock pool to bring us slowly to recovery. We drove back our lodge situated on the banks of the Nile for our final evening.

I feel I only touched on Uganda and there is so much more to see; on arrival there wasn’t any culture shock for me, it’s such a colourful place and the people we met were so welcoming. I loved every minute of it and several things stood out above the gorillas and the horses and the rafting. The friends I was travelling with made this trip for me and I have so many wonderful memories that will stay forever – jumping off the diving boards(cari, you made my day), the dancing in the truck, the wondrous way I was woken every morning by Les, who seemed to do so as if we had been talking for hours, the bugs, saving Les from he bugs – quietly, secretly and the stars – oh my word the stars on the last night, I have never seen anything so flawless in my life.

And so the end. Or not the end, but the start, of a ‘new chapter’ and a new destination. Asia.

May the sprit of travel never be subdued.











No comments: