Sunday 11 May 2008

I'm wondering about places in far away lands


So this is the truck I will be bonding with over the next 2 weeks. I'm nearly ready, I'm nearly packed, I'm nearly off on an awfully big adventure.

I'm going to Uganda - on safari, by truck, by horse*, by foot and by boat. Traveling with 10 others - 9 of whom I met for the first time a month ago over some very fine African food. Here I was given my first taste of African wine, this will also be the last. I fly in to Entebbe, travel up to Kampala, and around to Jinga, with various activities along the way. I am so excited...*speechless*

I now intend to tear my flat apart looking for the brand new, brilliantly flashing head torch I purchased a month ago. Any ideas on where I might have carefully stored such an item would be greatly received. I WANT MY HEAD TOUCH BACK


*I've spent the last 3 months learning to horse ride and have become somewhat addicted. I did not appreciate how complex it could be and have even been studiously reading a book to further my search for equestrian perfection.

Weather report for London today: Hot and sunny, with mild westerly winds - perfect

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bop!

Anonymous said...

Is your head torch currently on top of your head?!?

:-)

quietlybreathing said...

Have fun! Ailis xx

Anonymous said...

lindsey! where are you?! it's not the same here without you.

i haven't burnt the house down yet, but have ended up joining guardian soulmates which is probably as equally as irresponsible..

hope you're having an awesome time.

dave.